TCPA/GHA seminar: 'Going Local - neighbourhoods in control'
11.00 - 16.00, Tuesday 06 November 2012
TCPA, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London
The Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA) and Good Homes Alliance (GHA) have joined forces to deliver this timely event. The purpose of this seminar is to:
- Raise awareness of neighbourhood planning and other opportunities for neighbourhoods to take control, including the new community rights in the Localism Act.
- Share best practice, highlighting progress on the front runners, understanding different perspectives (Government, community, local authority planning officer and housing association) and encourage active learning.
- Provide an understanding of the processes and tools that can empower communities to understand what they can get through the new Community Rights and Neighbourhood Planning processes and how this can realistically raise their ambitions.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Tom Walker, Deputy Director, Decentralisation & Neighbourhood Planning Team, DCLG
- Jo Hawkins, Chair, Exeter St James Forum
- Professor Malcolm Wagstaff, Chair, Cringleford Parish Council
- Alison Eardley, Policy Manager, Chief Executive, Action for Market Towns
- Sally Thomas, Head of Community Investment, North Star Housing Group
- Richard Squires, Community Development and Liaison Officer, Boardland District Council
- Samantha Banks, Neighbourhood Planning Team Leader, Herefordshire Council
Who should attend?
This event is for local authority planning officers and elected members, parish and community councils, developers, housing associations, architects, consultants, academics and those from NGOs and voluntary organisations. Non-members are welcome to join the TCPA or the GHA in order to attend the event at the members rate
Attendance at this event will count as 5 hours towards your Continuing Professional Development
How to book
Download a draft program and booking form for the event here:
Please return your booking form to Michael McLean at Michael.McLean@tcpa.org.uk or for more information call 020 7930 8903.