Projects Assistant (Garden Cities & New Towns)
The TCPA is a small but highly influential charity that works to improve the built environment. We are seeking to appoint a project assistant with excellent organisational and written skills to support a range of projects and campaigns. Based in a fantastic central London location, you will be working with a small but ambitious team that is at the heart of the debate about how we can build enough good homes, in great places, for everyone. Our events, policy ideas and publications attract the attention of politicians, professionals and the public, and we need a well-organised projects assistant to support our Projects and Policy Team by providing administrative, event and research support.
Job duration: 12 month contract
Location: TCPA office (17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AS)
Start date: From September 2019
Salary: From £24,000 per year depending on experience
Job Title: Projects Assistant (Garden Cities & New Towns)
Responsible to: Project and Policy Management Team
The principal responsibility of this post is to help ensure the effective delivery of the TCPA’s Garden Cities & New Towns and Planning projects by providing exceptional technical research support to the Project and Policy Team. The duties and responsibilities for the project assistant include:
- Providing technical research support to the Project and Policy Team on Garden Cities & New Towns, and related planning, built environment and new communities projects.
- Effectively supporting the Project and Policy Team by researching and assembling papers and content for specified subject areas within projects.
- Helping to organise and co-ordinate projects including setting up meetings and roundtables under the guidance of the Project and Policy Team.
- Undertaking independent research, word processing, presentation and administrative activities.
- Other duties as required by the Chief Executive and management team to implement the TCPA work programme, including working with other staff, Trustees and the Policy Council.
- Proficient knowledge of the built environment and planning and an interest in Garden Cities & New Towns, housing and the environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, including the ability to undertake robust research, draft research papers and take meeting notes
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good team working skills
- Good time keeping skills
- Self-motivated and well organised, with the ability to work independently and produce high quality outputs to tight deadlines
- Educated to degree level or above
- Sympathy with the TCPA’s aims and objectives
- Experience of working in a project-based environment such as a consultancy, charity or think tank
- Knowledge of the UK planning system advantageous
To apply, please send a CV and supporting cover letter to [email protected].
Deadline for applications: 17:00 on Wednesday 31st July 2019
Interview dates: 6th to 8th August 2019
For further information see www.tcpa.org.uk or call 020 7930 8903.
The TCPA is an equal opportunities employer.