Who are we?
References throughout this policy to ‘the TCPA’, ‘we’ and ‘us’ are to the Town and Country Planning Association. We are a registered charity in England and Wales (charity number 214348) and a company limited by Guarantee (registered in England number 146309).
The TCPA respects the right to privacy of website visitors who submit personal data via our website. This policy sets out what we do with the data we collect about you and what rights you have over your personal data.
What will we do with your data?
Personal data that we collect from the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- To send email bulletins to users who have subscribed to our monthly newsletter or who have registered to join the TCPA as a member. If you no longer wish to subscribe to the TCPA bulletins please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the Unsubscribe included in all of our bulletins.
- To send occasional emails alerting you to forthcoming TCPA events and publications which we believe may be of particular interest to you.
- To send hard copies of publications to users who have purchased these from our website and to members and subscribers who are entitled to receive the bi-monthly Town and Country Planning
- To invoice you or send VAT receipts for purchases made through our website.
Will we pass on your personal data to third party organisations?
We may occasionally provide information about our members and newsletter subscribers to third party vendors, but this will be aggregated statistical information and will not contain personal information which may allow data subjects to be identified.
When we no longer need to store personal data about you, for example because you are no longer a member, we have processes in place to ensure that your data is removed from our systems after a limited period of time.
What are your rights as the data subject?
You have the following rights over the personal data that we hold about you:
- The right to transparency over how we use your data.
- The right to access any data that we hold about you.
- The right to have any information that is inaccurate or incomplete rectified.
- The right to have any information that we are holding about you deleted.
- The right to request that stop using any data that we are storing about you.
- The right to object to using your data for purposes of direct marketing.
For a complete list of the rights available to you by law please visit the Information Commission Officer’s website.
The purposes for which cookies are used on our website include:
- Authenticate your session after you have logged.
- Enable us to analyse use of our website using Google Analytics.
- Record how many times visitors come to our website.
The Membership Officer
Town & Country Planning Association
17 Carlton House Terrace
You can contact us by telephone on +44 (0)20 7930 8903.