Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) on Flood Risk and Coastal Erosion was updated in August 2022 following the government’s review of policy for development in areas of flood risk, and to bring in line with recent updates to the NPPF.
This webinar recording provides a useful overview of these changes. An FAQ document providing responses to questions raised at the webinars has also been collated with responses from the Environment Agency.
This PPG update covers areas including:
- the application of the sequential and exception tests.
- the use of multifunctional Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS).
- surface water flood risk.
- safeguarding land for future flood risk management.
- natural flood management.
- supporting transition in unsustainable locations