The TCPA offers regular training sessions on general planning issues and bespoke sessions for local authorities, communities and the private sector. The training is designed to be accessible and interactive.
The TCPA has a unique training offer based on its knowledge of the planning system and our research led expertise in issue like climate, health, affordable housing and new delivery models. We provide training for everyone from communities and activists to local government officers and civil servants.
This includes the basics of how planning works to masterclasses on specific topics such as how Milton Keynes was built. We offer staff development and facilitated meetings between communities, local planning authorities and other, training in small group surgeries or for entire teams, either online or face to face. Our house style is interactive, engaging and tailored to the needs of participants.
We currently offer training on:
- Support for the Guidance for delivering new Garden Cities, on a wide range of issues identified in the guides including stewardship, masterplanning and design
- General introduction to planning including the development plan and development management systems
- Getting your voice heard; a community crash course in planning
- Climate mitigation and adaptation in local plans
- The role of green infrastructure
- The role of art and culture in planning
- Planning for healthy environments
- Embedding equalities in local plan policy
- An introduction to viability
- Delivery of affordable homes
- An introduction to planning law
We can offer these training sessions as virtual or face to face sessions, either at the TCPA’s central London offices or at a venue agreed with the organisation we are running the session for.
If you would be interested in us running any of these training sessions for you please contact Alex.House@tcpa.org.uk to discuss your needs, our rates and potential timing. Discounted rates are available for TCPA members and members of our networks such as the New Communities Group.